Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can't catch a break....

I guess the saying when it rains it pours is proving to be true! It all started when I had to go to the emergency room for my incision. I went back for my follow up appointment with the dr and he says it is healing great, but still not healed. So therefore, the nurse is still coming and I still can't drive. My dressing is being changed twice a day.
our car needs the window replaced. Yes, the window is broke. thankfully, it is the back passanger side. The window is somehow broke in the door, thankfully the window is up, so we don't have to look redneck and put a trash bag up. here is the kicker, my husband had to have a german made car, so it will cost us a fortune to fix.
next issue. we have no air at our house. Sunday when we got home from running errands it was a little hot. Russ checked and the air is not working. Great! We can suffer through the night and have the air guy come and fix. Well they came the next day, charged me $326 and said that is just to get started. Our air unit is apparently 15 years old and an off brand. So, they have to order the part. It will be here in 2-3 business days. We obviously can't stay at our home, so we have moved in with my parents. Thankfully, they are nice enough to keep us and don't mind us staying here. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is to take care of a newborn at a place that is not yours! Hopefully, Friday we can move back home.
The big kicker is my sweet little Annalee is sick. I took her temp and it is right over 100. She is sleeping now and eating which is good. So at 10:15 we are heading to the dr. Well, my mom noticed she was warm this morning. I don't have a thermometer in the diaper bag (have 3 at my house), my mom had to run out and buy a thermometer. Well, i have no car here either, so Russ has to miss yet another day of work to drive Annalee and I to the dr.
Maybe things will start coming in order!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh Sarah!
Ihope that little Annalee gets to feeling better very soon. I've been driving around in a car with broken air conditioning this summer and I can relate to the high cost of fixing a european vehicle and how hot it is with a lack of air. I'll be thinking about you.

Jill said...

Hey Sarah! I'm so sorry things have been rough - it's hard enough having a newborn without having to deal with all this other stuff! Annalee is beautiful!! Congratulations!

Jaysey said...

Geez, Sarah! I really hope things start to settle down into some sense of normalcy and comfort soon--I'd be going plumb-crazy if I were you! I'll be sending good vibes your way!

Colly said...

oh gosh, I'm sorry. You have been going through it rough lately. I hope this clears soon!

Stefanie said...

Oh man, what a rough situation! But at least it all happened at once. Did the air and the car window get fixed? You guys are so lucky you live so close to your parents. Thinking of you!