Tuesday, July 21, 2009

In loving memory...

Yesterday was a sad day for the Hopper's. Our family dog Pepper had to be put to sleep, he was 16 years old. Pepper was a schnauzer who was full of life. He battled through cancer, tumors, bladder stones and hip problems. He was part of the family. Yesterday my mom woke up and found Pepper having a seizure. He was twitching and foaming at the mouth. My dad rushed him to the vet and they said he had had a stroke. The vet told my dad that there really wasn't anything they could do and the best option was to put him down. pepper was given pain medicine and my dad brought him back home. It was decided that we would all meet at the vets around 5pm to say goodbye. I got a call at 4:30, Pepper had another stroke. I got to the vets along with my family and said goodbye. It was so sad, but at least he is at peace. The vet was wonderful and made things a lot easier. Our family is sad, but we will get through. We will miss you pepper!!!

3 comments:

Jaysey said...

That made me cry. But I'm sure now Pepper is playing with all the other dogs at the Rainbow Bridge.

Stefanie said...

This is sad news. Sorry to hear about your family's loss. Pepper was an amazing pup. He lived a very, very full life.

Colly said...

Aw. I'm sorry, Sarah. That is a terrible story. That's so sad. He lived a very long life, didn't he. I'm glad he is not in pain anymore.